St. Mark print


Priest-in-Charge:  The Rev David Yarde
Telephone (246) 428-7926 (h) 423-1376 (o)

642007_100951_0.bmp
Service Times

Sunday

8.00 am

Saturday

Office Hours: 10.00 am - 12 noon



ST MARK WILL BE CELEBRATING ITS 182 YEARS OF DEDICATION


History

St. Marks Church is built on lands provided by the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel and was erected mainly with funds provided by the Society.  It is locally known as the Chapel on the Hill standing as it does on a high cup outcrop of rock.

The first Church was built in 1829, and was destroyed by the hurricane of 1831.  It was rebuilt and consecrated on January 11, 1833.

Other Church Information


Organisations



Former Clergy



1835-1950
1850-1883
1883-1915
1915-1923
1923-1925
1926-1928
1929-1933
1933-1943
1944-1945
1945-1946
1946-1948
1948-1949
S.A. Farr
E.P. Smith
E. Barnett
Henry Rawle Barnett
Frederick George Stanton
Walter Eric Dash
Alleyne George Bradshaw
William Oswald Bradshaw
Lionel Cyril Mallalieu
Hampden Vincent Armstrong
Harold St.Clair Tudor
Alexander L. Mellor
Lesley Alfred Dennis Woodland


1950-1970
1971-1976
1977-1984
1985-1990
1990-1992
1992-1994
1994
1994-2007
2008-
William Beresford Brathwaite
Roy A. Thompson
Winfield St.C. Collins
Stephen D. Fields
Marcus Guilford Lashley
John Walder Dunlop Holder
William Beckles
Roger Daniel
R. Cortez Nurse



Calendar